Minerva Bath Rowing Club is a membership organisation that exists to enable our Members benefit from of the facilities of our Club.
What does this Policy cover?
We at Minerva Bath Rowing Club take your personal data seriously. This policy:
• sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explains how long we keep your personal data for
• explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
• sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
• explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
• explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
• explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary to be able to manage your membership, participation in activities and safety at the Club This information includes your contact details.
We may also collect sensitive personal data about you in the form of Health Data, which is vital that we know in order to keep you safe and to enable us to respond appropriately to a medical emergency or in the case of an accident. We only collect sensitive personal data from you, and further process this data, where you have given your explicit consent.
If you are a nominated Next of Kin, we will hold contact details on you provided by a member in case of an emergency with him/her.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We only collect personal data
• Directly from you. This is enables us to manage your membership activities or enquiry about membership.
• From a third party that is connected to the Club – in the event of a disciplinary or grievance being necessary we may need to gather relevant information about you from 3rd parties in order to progress the investigation procedure.
• From a member who has nominated you as Next of Kin so that we can contact you in an emergency if an incident or emergency arises.
How and why we use your personal data?
• We use your personal data to manage your membership of the Club.
• We use your data to enter you into races that you wish to take part in on behalf of the Club.
• We use your personal data such as erg scores in order to assess your suitability for squads and races.
• We use your personal data in order to manage emergencies.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your
information after you cease to be involved with the club, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
(a) our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
(b) legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
(c) our legitimate interest where we have carried out a balancing test (see legal basis below);
(d) statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
(e) (potential) disputes;
(f) if you have made a request to have your information deleted; and
(g) guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your information with officers of the club such as coaches and team captains so that we can manage your participation in club events.
If you hold an official position in the Club that requires checks such a DBS check, First Aid Certification, Coxing or Coaching qualifications that requires that we verify the information you have provided, we may share your information with British Rowing, other UK and International Rowing Clubs, statutory authorities and certification bodies.
We manage all membership data using Webcollect, each member has a log-in to Webcollect so that the member can manage his or her own personal data.
Where you have indicated that you wish to participate in race events either nationally or internationally we share your personal data with British Rowing and other Associations or Clubs that are managing these race events.